Guild Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Guild Electric welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Guild Electric is looking for an on-site BIM/CAD Operator. This position is available immediately at our Sanofi Pasteur construction site office, 1755 Steeles Ave W, North York, ON M2R 3T4.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilize Revit and AutoCAD to develop Revit models and prepare drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, and other data
• Assist and support projects and pursuits in the production of models and the analysis, creation, and management of building information models (BIM) and 2D drawings.
• Prepare As-built and Trimble point drawing.
• Update BIM models and drawings based on As-built layout
• Create and modify parametric families.
• Prepare detailed drawings and sheets for Pre-fabrication.
• Prepare Autodesk Revit drawings from sketches, mark-ups, and design of electrical systems.
• Examine drawings to minimize errors and make required alterations as necessary
• Check layouts of electrical and mechanical services for interferences with other building components such as structure, ceilings, millwork, etc.
• Collaborate with the project team as required to implement necessary drafting requirements
• Maintain familiarity with current modeling and drafting techniques and contribute to setting up and maintaining departmental BIM and CAD standards.
• Develop various electrical system layouts in coordination with the mechanical, structural, and architectural components of a building.
• Setup of Revit views for use by the project team, including electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and model.
• Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work-sharing process.
• Input marked-up drawings into Revit.
• Creation of minor mark-ups and input of same.
• Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Educated in Archi design-related education (diploma), computer drafting in AutoCAD and REVIT (diploma), Electrical or Mechanical technician or technologist (diploma), or related experience in Revit.
• 2 years of experience working with Revit, and AutoCAD.
• Secondary School (Required).
• Excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
• Superior time-management skills to effectively take on multiple projects.
• Fluency in the current version of Revit software employed by the Department.
• Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy.
• Fluency in Autodesk Navis Works, Autodesk Design Review, and working knowledge of 3D layout and design.
• Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel and Bluebeam.
• Documents and archives work under the project standard;
• Strong English communication skills, written and verbal
• Must have a solid working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use, including being able to create and manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters, and similar Revit functions;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate with others;
• Ability to take verbal and general written direction well and turn that direction into appropriate, working design documents;
• Ability to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team.
• Fluency with all plotters, printers, and reproduction systems used in-house or on the job site.
• Fluency in importing documents, such as spreadsheets, photos, images, and word processing files into Revit projects.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and report to a team
Interested and qualified applicants should submit resumes for these available positions to email@example.com
If you are interested in other employment opportunities with us, please send your résumé and salary expectations, in confidence, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.