Guild Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Guild Electric welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Health and Safety Coordinator
• Monitor on-site employees and subcontractors to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate necessary issues to appropriate parties.
• Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them.
• Represent company’s core values of Integrity, Service and Quality in relationships with both internal staff members and external customers and suppliers.
• Ensure compliance to the company’s policies and procedures, employee handbook, and Health & Safety Manual guidelines.
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of company safety programs with the goal of exceeding regulatory standards, Certificate of Recognition (COR) and client requirements.
• Complete site inspections and safety audits, and assist with accident/incident reports.
• Assist with the inspections of annual equipment, PPE, etc.
• Conduct internal safety training to meet legislative requirements.
• Review site specific safety requirements from clients.
• Co-chair Health & Safety Committee meetings and maintain JH&SC minutes.
• Audit company safety program (COR), investigate safety concerns and suggestions, perform incident investigations, provide corrective actions and assist with implementation and follow up.
• Work with H&S Claims Coordinator to provide relevant documentation for the tracking of safety statistical performance i.e. first Aid reports, accident report, incident reports.
• Assist Management with conducting hazard assessments including Risk Registry, departmental CHA’s, site specific JHA’s and Workplace Violence and Harassment.
• Work with management and employees to develop and implement appropriate return to work and modified work programs
• Prepare policies and procedures in consultation with the Health and Safety team and management.
• Prepare and make recommendations on safe work practices and safe job procedures including site specific safe work practices and safe job procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required
• Post-Secondary education in a Health & Safety related field, Safety or working towards college diploma or certificate
• 3+ years of experience in Health & Safety focused role and/or equivalent trade experience
• Experience in an industrial, manufacturing or construction industry, construction industry preferred
• The ability to delegate and influence others to follow safety rules and regulations
• Exposure to unionized, multi-site environment considered an asset
• Knowledge of current safety legislation, including WAH and WHMIS 2015
• In-depth experience with COR certification and auditing, N.C.S.O Designation would be an asset
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence all levels of the workforce
• Excellent understanding of Incident Investigation / Root Cause Analysis / Auditing
• Comprehensive understanding of legislation, regulations, theory, and case law
• Good working knowledge of standard office computer technology such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other common applications
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Flexibility to work outside of core hours.
• Valid drivers license.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize according to workload.
• Organization and detail orientated.
• Excellent training and presentation skills.
• Calm, diplomatic, and pleasant demeanor
• Must be able to visit local job sites when necessary
• Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity
• Strong team and collaborative skills
Interested and qualified candidates for this position should email their resume to email@example.com . We thank all applicants for their interest,
however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you are interested in employment opportunities with us, please send your résumé and salary expectations, in confidence, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.