Guild Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Guild Electric welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For information on employment opportunities with us, please send us your résumé and salary expectations, in confidence, by e-mail to email@example.com.
We have an immediate opening in our Highways Division (head office location) for the following positions:
Fleet / CVOR Compliance Manager
The successful candidate will be the key player in managing Guild’s fleet of vehicles and maintaining our CVOR compliance:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and direct the functions and activities related to the procurement, servicing, operation, maintenance and repair of fleet vehicles.
- Assure vehicle-related functions and activities comply with established laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to maintain CVOR compliance.
- Development of fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
- Direct fleet-related risk management training, such as safety and accident prevention programs, and negotiate insurance matters.
- Monitor, evaluate and determine priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair projects.
- Negotiate contracts and service level agreements for third party suppliers and/or service providers.
- Review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to assure compliance with established standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in the US and CVOR regulations in Canada
- Prepare vehicle specifications according to fleet needs.
- Research and evaluate new vehicles.
- Assist with the processing of insurance claims involving fleet vehicles.
- Monitor and evaluate vehicle maintenance, including the service and repair functions to identify needs and determine financial effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Assure adequate personnel, equipment and material levels to meet maintenance, servicing and repair needs
- Direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of records and files related to vehicles, maintenance, repairs, projects, mileage, depreciation, financial activity and assigned duties.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within transportation/service-based industry
- Must have extensive experience in maintenance and asset management in a fleet environment.
- Previous involvement in researching, comparing and purchasing vehicles, equipment and supplies an asset
- Strong financial background and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Superior project management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Excellent management writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills
If you are an interested, qualified candidate with a hands-on, can do attitude, please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org