Guild Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Guild Electric welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Site Construction Health & Safety Officer (GTA)
• Conduct daily onsite safety inspections to ensure contractors and sub-contractors are in compliance.
• Maintain all safety records at site including submissions by trades/vendors/subcontractors.
• Provide on-site first aid, respond to on-site emergencies and communicate with management.
• Establish and enforce safety regulations and safe work practices.
• Coordinate hazard assessments and arrange site safety plans and promote safe working conditions.
• Conduct new worker safety orientation.
• Complete all incident reporting with follow-ups when communication is required (near miss, hazards/incidents, significant incidents, injuries).
• Submit weekly summary of site inspection reports, violations and incidents to head office and/or safety manager.
Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of the OHS Act and Regulations
• Minimum NCSO (CHSO) designation
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in this position or similar
• Excellent safety inspection, hazard awareness, report writing and communication skills
• Experience with construction safety training – train the trainer
• Excellent teamwork and team building skills
• Proficient with computer and mobile applications
• Be able to work within a team environment as well as work without supervision
• Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
• Ability to alter schedule, direction, and / or tasks for the benefit of the project, client or company with a professional and pleasant attitude
• Must be familiar with downtown Toronto and GTA
• Must have valid Ontario driver’s license and own vehicle
Special Working Conditions :
• Site to site traveling may be required. Some in-office training instructor responsibilities are required.
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on employment opportunities with us, please send us your résumé and salary expectations, in confidence, by e-mail to email@example.com.